What’s wrong with this picture? No yarn! We think summer stitching should be the best stitching of the year, so we are offering as many hour-long single session “light” classes as we can in June, July, and August. That doesn’t mean you won’t learn really cool, useful stuff – just in a shorter, more relaxed format for only $10 per class! We’ve tried to offer each one at least twice, on a weekday and a weekend or on a weekday morning and an afternoon. Please call ahead to register and get a class supply list. More information follows the class listings.
NOTE: Attend classes this summer and your name will be entered in the drawing for the Camp Gosh Yarn It! Happy Camper Award to be presented at the conclusion of our 2013 virtual summer camp. The Happy Camper Award will be a pretty tote filled with yarn and other treats for knitters and crocheters. One chance per class registration, so improve your odds by coming to lots of classes! See our Ravelry group for complete details on summer camp.
How to make a foundation chain and single, double, and slip stitches.
Wednesday, June 26, 2:00 pm
Saturday, June 29, 10:30 am
Friday, August 9, 2:00 pm
First Socks (2 sessions)
Make a half-size sock for practice from the cuff down; your choice of needle method: DPNs, 2 circulars, Magic Loop. Previous experience knitting in the round required. (See Knitting Around, below)
Friday, June 28 & July 12, 1:00 pm
Saturday, August 10 & 24, 1:00 pm
Learn double points, two circulars, and the Magic Loop method for small circumference knitting in the round.
Friday, June 28, 10:30 am
Thursday, August 8, 5:00 pm
Saturday, August 10. 10:30 am
Learn to make them, join them (no sewing!), and how to weave in ends as you knit.
Wednesday, July 10, 2:00 pm
Saturday, August 24, 10:30 am
Learn the special stitches that create lace patterns plus how to read charted directions.
Thursday, July 11, 5:00 pm;
Friday August 30, 2:00 pm
Fiber felting the fun and easy way with Artfelt® paper.
Saturday, July 13, 10:30 am
Friday, August 30, 11:00 am
Starting in the Middle
Learn Emily Ocker’s Cast-on and Judy Becker’s Magic Cast-on to knit from the center out.
Saturday, July 13, 1:00 pm
Friday, August 23, 2:00 pm
Based on the classic quilt pattern, this is simple modular garter stitch knitting with few ends to weave in.
Saturday, July 20, 10:30 am
I-Cord for Smart Knitters
How to make an I-Cord bind-off and applied I-Cord as a decorative edging.
Wednesday, August 7, 2:00 pm
Saturday, August 31, 10:30 am
How to un-knit, re-knit, and fix mistakes.
Friday, August 9, 11:00 am
Wednesday, August 28, 2:00 pm
Pick Up & Knit
How to pick up stitches correctly for necklines, button bands, etc.
Wednesday, August 21, 2:00 pm
Saturday, August 31, 1:00 pm
You don’t need to know crochet to do Tunisian Crochet, which makes a knit-like fabric with a hook.
Thursday, August 22, 5:00 pm
Ruffles & Ridges
How to make welted ridges, also how to begin or end with a scalloped picot edge.
Friday, August 23, 11:00 am
Weaving: Pick-up Stick for Texture ($20) – Saturday, June 15, 1-3 pm
Linda Mesavage will teach rigid heddle loom weavers how to use their pick-up sticks to achieve additional texture in their fabric.
Cricket Club (FREE) – Thursday, June 27, 5:30-6:30 PM
For rigid heddle loom weavers
Ravelry Roundtable (FREE) – Saturday, June 29, 1-2 PM
Learn how to get the most out of the wonderful online resource for knitters and crocheters, ravelry.com.
Knitting 101 (FREE) – Tuesdays, 2:30 & 4:30 pm
Master the basics: cast-on, knit, purl, and bind-off. No advance registration required.
Note: Knitting 101 will not be offered July 9, 23 or 30.
GOSH YARN IT! SUMMER CLASS POLICIES
- To register or request more information, contact Gosh Yarn It!, 570.287.9999, or send email to: email@example.com
- First Socks is a two-part class, $10 per session. Pick-up Stick for Texture is a two-hour $20 class. All other classes are single one-hour sessions, $10.
- No minimum registration for classes; maximum enrollment is 8.
- Complete supply lists will be provided with registration.
- Basic knitting skills are required for all our knitting classes other than Knitting 101. You must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off. If you’d like help mastering the fundamentals before taking a class, drop in on a free Knitting 101 session (see above).
- Unless otherwise noted, supplies are not included in class fees.
- In-stock supplies for all classes may be purchased by class participants at a 10% discount either in advance or on the day of the first class. (We really appreciate your buying all your class supplies from us!)
- Classes are filled on a first come, first served basis. Payment is due when you register. We accept reservations by telephone with payment by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.