Although every good yarnie knows that means it’s the perfect time to stay indoors and stitch, fortunately for us, some will still venture out. Fortunately for them, the shop has yet to be closed for any meteorological shenanigans, although Jill had to open up today by herself because my tires were frozen to my driveway. (A little rock salt did the trick, though, and I was able to join her shortly afterward.) For those hardy souls who laughed at the weatherman’s predictions of an icemageddon, we were able to welcome them with new yarn. Ah, two of my favorite words in the English language: new yarn. Our latest additions are “Road to China Light” and “Organik” from The Fibre Company and much hand dyed wonderfulness from Three Irish Girls, which arrived in a range of sock and fingering weights, worsteds, and bulkies. As Jill can attest, I have whined that Fibre Company yarns needed to be in the shop since before there was a shop. Put one finger on any skein, and you’ll know why. And how did TIG get shelf space at GYI? That can be summed up in one word: color. Color that says, “you need me.” The groundhog has predicted an early spring, but while we wait, whether the weather is fair or foul, come over and enjoy the newest of the new for yourself.
- 08/30/17: Time for a sale!
- 08/26/17: Catching our breath.
- 08/08/17: Start your engines.
- 07/17/17: New stock and re-stock.
- 07/06/17: July is for stitching!
- 06/01/17: 100% Cashmere. Cashmere!
- 05/29/17: Come glamping with us.
- 05/26/17: Sale this weekend!
- 05/18/17: Summer classes, one and done.
- 05/15/17: Linens & things.