We’ve lightened our classes for summer! In just one session you’ll get a complete overview of the pattern, all techniques will be explained and/or demonstrated, then you’ll cast on and get started. Call 570-287-9999 to register by phone.
Learn how to cast on, knit and purl, and bind off. All materials provided in class. Participants receive 10% New Knitter Discount for all purchases made that day.
Saturday, June 3; Saturday, July 8; Saturday, August 26; 9:00-10:00 am
DOTTED RAYS by STEPHEN WEST
This arched shawl begins with only a few stitches. Easy to work garter stitch short row wedges add length, and yarnover increases expand the size of the shawl quickly. Built in I-cord edges outline the entire shape for a clean finish.
Materials: 720 yards fingering weight yarn; 40” US 6/4mm circular needle; copy of pattern.
Saturday, June 3; 2:00-4:00 pm
SOPHIE THE RABBIT by YSOLDA TEAGUE
Make a sweet stuff-as-you-go rabbit toy knit without seams or sewing on double point needles. Sophie has long floppy ears and legs that are easy for little hands to hold onto. Learn the pinhole cast-on to work from the center out and how to pick up stitches from the middle of fabric. (Prior experience working with DPNs needed.)
Materials: 220 yards sport/DK weight yarn; US 3/3.25mm double point needles; copy of pattern.
Saturday, June 24; 10:00 am-1:00 pm
LACE-BACK FINGERLESS GLOVES
by CHURCHMOUSE YARNS & TEAS
These little hand-warmers are the ideal way to learn about lace. Pattern includes three different lace patterns, worked over fewer than 20 stitches, with varying degrees of difficulty to suit your experience. Knit flat, they are seamed with mattress stitch. Lace is presented in both text and chart form.
Materials: 120 yards sport/DK weight yarn; US 2/2.75mm straight or circular needles; copy of pattern.
Saturday, June 24; 2:00-4:00 pm
FIRST CUFF-DOWN SOCK
You’ll make a half-size practice sock in this 4-hour workshop, learning everything you need to know about sock anatomy as you go. All basic sock techniques will be covered, including stretchy cast-on, turning the heel, and seaming the toe closed. Pattern provided.
Materials: 100 yards worsted weight yarn; US 6/4mm double point needles.
Saturday, July 8; 11:00 am-1:00 pm / Lunch / 2:00-4:00 pm
BULKY EARFLAP HAT/BULKY FOLDED BRIM HAT
by DIANE SOUCY
A simple hat with two different clever brim options. Choose to make ear flaps or a comfortable folded brim. Both techniques will be demonstrated.
Materials: 125 yards bulky weight yarn; US 10/6mm 16″ circular and double point needles; copy of pattern.
Saturday, July 15; 10:00 am-12:00 pm
FLAX by TIN CAN KNITS
Knit seamlessly from collar to cuffs, Flax is a great first sweater project. You’ll make a baby size to master all the techniques needed to knit top-down adult sweaters.
Materials: 300 yards worsted weight yarn; US 6/4mm and US 8/5mm 16” circulars and double point needles in each size; copy of pattern.
Saturday, July 15; 1:00-4:00 pm
RHEINLUST by MELANIE BERG
Rheinlust is an asymmetrical shawl knit tip to tip. The first half is true lace knitting, with pattern rows on both the right and wrong sides. The second half is easy garter stitch.
Materials: 950 yards fingering weight yarn; 32″ US 4/3.5mm circular needle; copy of pattern.
Saturday, July 22; 11:00 am-1:00pm
FIRST TOE-UP SOCK
If you’ve made cuff-down socks before, you’ll find knitting toe-up has several advantages, including the ability to try a sock on as you go. You’ll make a half-size practice sock in this 4-hour workshop, from casting on with Judy Becker’s Magic Cast-on to finishing with a stretchy bind-off for the cuff. Either 2 circular needles or the Magic Loop method with one longer circular may be used. Pattern provided.
Materials: 100 yards worsted weight yarn; (2) 24″ US 6/4mm circular needles or (1) 32″ US6/4mm circular needle.
Saturday, July 29; 11:00 am-1:00 pm / Lunch / 2:00-4:00 pm
ACROSS THE POND by ANDREA MOWRY
This stylish two color cowl looks more complicated than it really is. The trick is mosaic knitting and giving the piece a twist before seaming the live stitches at each end together with the Kitchener stitch.
Materials: 400 yards main color plus 200 yards contrast color sport/DK weight yarn; US 5/3.75mm and US 6/4mm 24” circular needles; copy of pattern.
Saturday, August 26; 11:00 am-1:00 pm
OOPS: FIXING MISTAKES
Learn to recognize the structure of good knit and purl stitches so you’ll know what to do when one goes wrong, including how to pick up dropped stitches, un-knit, rip back, and remake incorrect stitches. Small amount of pre-class homework required.
Materials: 100 yards worsted weight yarn; US 8/5mm circular needles; “GYI fixer” or small crochet hook.
Saturday, August 26; 2:00-4:00 pm
DESIGN YOUR OWN CLASS: Private Instruction
What would you like to learn? Design your own private lessons in knitting or crochet. You pick the project and/or the techniques. Register for a single hour-long lesson or save when you purchase two or more classes, which can be scheduled at mutually convenient times. Want to work on the same project with friends? Groups of up to 3 can be accommodated at the same time.
Fees: 1 class – $15; 2 classes – $27.50; 3 classes – $40
GOSH YARN IT! CLASS POLICIES
To register or for more information, telephone 570.287.9999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- With the exception of Knitting 101, basic skills are required for all our knitting classes. You must know how to knit, purl, cast on, and bind off. If you’d like help mastering the fundamentals before taking a class, please attend a Knitting 101 class.
- 72 hours advance notice required for both class registration and withdrawal.
- Unless otherwise noted, materials are not included in class fees.
- In-stock supplies for all classes may be purchased by class participants at a 10% discount. (We really appreciate your buying all your class supplies from us!)
- Purchase supplies and wind yarn prior to class. If this is not possible, please arrive in plenty of time before session begins to do so. A yarn winder and swift are available for student use.
- Bring notions with you to class, including scissors, round and locking stitch markers, small crochet hook, and darning needle.
- Classes are filled on a first come, first served basis. Payment is due when you sign-up. We accept reservations by telephone with payment by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- A pre-paid class fee will only be refunded if more than 72 hours advance notice is given that you are withdrawing. If fewer than 72 hours notice is given, a refund will only be made if we are able to fill your space in the class with another student.
- Gosh Yarn It! reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes that do not meet the required minimum enrollment of 3 students; class fees will be refunded or may be used to register for future classes. Any class cancelled due to inclement weather will be re-scheduled.